Gone too soon
As a secret fob.....I must reveal my feelings for the current situation in the HK entertainment industry. You see, I"m an old school fob. I probably started listening to Cantonese music earlier than most of the chinese-side people I know. The first ever concert that I attended as a little girl was Anita Mui's. I remember how she would change in a matter of seconds for her next song/performance. It was probably her specialty and really made her unique at that time. I also remember listening to Leslie Cheung, my parents loved listening to him and we even watched his farewell concert. Then it was Roman Law, not my personal favourite but my parents loved his music none the less so did my grandfather. Its weird how these singers somewhat grew up along with us and for me, mostly my childhood years.
I'm not so sure about the new generation of HK singers nowadays though. I used to love Faye Wong and Cass Peng but as time passed, Faye went a little coo coo and Cass started a family and all that. I felt like I couldn't really keep in touch with their music anymore but none the less, they both truly inspired me when I was young. They really contributed to my love for music, especially my love for singing.
Now its Nick Tse, Edison and my personal favourite Joey. Yet its just so sad to hear the crazy stories that are happening in their personal lives. How Nick Tse bribed some cop for some car accident, how Edison (who can't sing) is in a fight with Sean and disappointingly, Joey and her "relationship" with her manager. Oh my goodness.....
For once, I want to really find an artist that I can appreciate both artistically and personally. Singers that are really there for the music...and isn't all the about looks. And certainly don't use their looks for their stardom (TWINS!,boyz, Shine). Its just getting more superficial year after year. It should be more about substance not what's on the cover. I mean, the veterans of the HK scene can really sing, Alan Tam is amazing, Jacky Cheung (went to his T.O concert last year) and Hacken is really good too.
All I have to say is, the recent passing of Anita Mui, Leslie Cheung and Roman Law is a sad one and I'm among the millions whom they touched in their life times. Rest in Peace.
Tuesday, December 30, 2003
::ready::get::set::go!
About
- Name: Pegasus
- Age:the booming twenties
- Education: Hons B.Des
- Listening to:
• Cry ~ Philosopher Kings
• Learning to Breathe ~ Switchfoot
• Trip ~ Hedley - Lovin:
• some "me" time
• Free online games :)
• ice-cream - Not lovin:
• People who try too hard to be cool = loser
• Stubbornness in ppl
• me being so damn naive sometimes - Current reads:
• "Tuesdays with Morrie"~ Mitch Albom
• "Memoirs of a Geisha" ~ Arthur Golden
• "Wicked" ~ Gregory Maguire - Website to visit:
• The Torontoist - Movies I want to watch:
• Inside Man
• The DaVinci Code
• MI:3 - Currently watching:
• What Not to Wear on TLC
• stuff on the "W"
Previous Posts
- Ahhh...finally the week is over. Though it was str...
- Its gotta stop I feel like I've been doing things ...
- Politics Man...I hate workplace politics. People c...
- This upcoming week oh my...I finally found out my ...
- ROTK was soooo good!!!! Legolas Greenleaf. Enough ...
- T&T with Winnie, Church Dinner (Mmmmm) then off to...
- Manager: Yo, what's that red thing on your nose? M...
- Working for the holiday sux, the hours are crazy a...
- Tad Bits ~Time for an update.....So what's been go...
- A walk to remember No, not the movie with Shane W...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home