A walk to remember
No, not the movie with Shane West. =) Today was my official day of freedom. I handed my last project in (well, the teacher wasn't there so I asked someone to hand it in for me). I took the TTC bus for the first time in how long? Don't hate alright? =) I usually take the GO bus or I get a ride from my bro. But hey, it was only this year, the last two years I had my share of overcrowdness on the TTC. But I feel like everytime I take the TTC, I feel this sense of "coldness" from our city whether traveling by bus or subway. The bus drivers seem to be constantly sitting on a seat of nails and everybody on the bus seem to have this cool attitude. No smiles, no waves, no conversation, everyone just stares out the window expressionless. So just add the cold grey snowy weather with it. The combination is definitely not a place I look forward to see in the morning.
Have you ever felt like the people you least want to see, you end up seeing. The people you really want to see, you end up missing? I absolutely hate that. I guess that kind of thing always seem to happen to me and it kind of upsets me. Its like you're having this whimsical happy day and BOOM! Sometimes you wonder why some people are so cold and mean, its like they're literally cold-blooded and think they're on top of the world while everyone else is below them. There's not a drop of human kindness within them, I mean, havn't they been through an experience where they needed a helping hand? or even know how it feels to be mistreated? *sigh* I guess I can't change people so two words: Buzz off! (**note: I know I know, LOVE your enemies.....I"m workin on it. I need to vent!)
Aside from that, I was glad that the day was balanced with a few people that did put a smile on my face =) These are the kind of people that I absolutely treasure. I was supposed to head downtown to meet up with Karen today at UofT but guess who bailed out on me? tsk tsk tsk......guess who forgotten our date??? tsk tsk tsk. Oh good ol' karen, she'll just owe me dinner that's all. HAHA =) Mark has like two exams today too, hope everything goes well for him too AND for the rest of the world that are having exams right now, good luck! Ganbatte Kudasai!
So, I winded up taking the bus back home again, as I walked towards home filled with some sorrow beneath that smug I spotted a cute little boy carrying a case of no other than.......chocobots! hahah chocolates I mean =) So I went ahead and asked him if it was for school, the boy was startled at first....probably because I look so fat in my jacket (wah!) He was actually selling those chocolate bars for some school charity thing (remember those??). "What kind of chocolates do you have? and how much are they?" I asked. "Wait a minute, let me ask grandpa." he answered while running towards an old man walking a few metres ahead of us. He then opened the box and there was quite a variety of sorts. "So do you have the chocolates with the macadamian nuts in them?" I asked. "We're not a 'nut' kind of school" he answered. HAHA! I can't believe he said that, he's so cute! =) So I gave him my 3 dollars and his face was flushed with this joy. "My first sale for the day!!" he exclaimed and skipped along.
When I saw that smile on his face and realized how much something so little means so much to him, reminded me of something. Children have a gift of taking things lightly. Sometimes I get so caught up with this complicated world with complicated people that I just need to remind myself to try to take things more lightly, like a child. If the world were to come to an end, what more can worry and sorrow do? Maybe having a little more faith, trust and a little more joy will make a difference.
Wednesday, December 03, 2003
::ready::get::set::go!
About
- Name: Pegasus
- Age:the booming twenties
- Education: Hons B.Des
- Listening to:
• Cry ~ Philosopher Kings
• Learning to Breathe ~ Switchfoot
• Trip ~ Hedley - Lovin:
• some "me" time
• Free online games :)
• ice-cream - Not lovin:
• People who try too hard to be cool = loser
• Stubbornness in ppl
• me being so damn naive sometimes - Current reads:
• "Tuesdays with Morrie"~ Mitch Albom
• "Memoirs of a Geisha" ~ Arthur Golden
• "Wicked" ~ Gregory Maguire - Website to visit:
• The Torontoist - Movies I want to watch:
• Inside Man
• The DaVinci Code
• MI:3 - Currently watching:
• What Not to Wear on TLC
• stuff on the "W"
Previous Posts
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
- So I finally tried a gourmet sub from Quiznos........
- In school right now....man...the end of this hell ...
- Stomach Growling.... Today was so embarassing! I h...
- Yeah...I decided to blog again....because there ha...
- Seriously, too much people have been getting on my...
- I need a break I've been having such a hard time c...
- Guilt Trip I guess I'm guilty for a number of thi...
- Reaching out I guess you can say I"m a little upse...
- **New Shoutout section added**

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home