Reaching out
I guess you can say I"m a little upset today. Sometimes it really bothers me to see some people so into their comfort zones, its like, they don't even try. Life isn't about living for yourself, sometimes you need to reach out because there are people out there that need you. Just closing your eyes and pretending something is not there is not going to make it go away. In fact, I would call it a selfish way of living. I know its hard and uncomfortable but you might be missing an opportunity to help someone or even yourself, you just don't know it. Even something as small as a "hi" can make all the difference. The Lord says that those who are strong should help the weak and not give into self-indulgence. He also encouraged us to keep doing good work, for in God's time, you will see that it was all worth it and it is part of your purpose.
Be Confident, Be yourself
Its a thing to be inspired or influenced by someone but it shouldn't take away your own uniqueness. Our society places too much emphasis on being like "people" we see on T.V or in any type of media. We're so busy trying to imitate other people. They have ad campaigns like "Be like Mike!" but I say, "Be yourself". Know yourself, what are your strengths, your weaknesses, your likes or dislikes. God designed you as an individual with your own set of characteristics. Like a finger print, no one has the same. Comparing yourself to somebody else is a complete waste of time and it will blind you from seeing yourself. If you say, Celine Dion is such a great singer, I want to sing just like her! and you keep trying and trying to reach that high note with no prevail. Maybe then your gift lies elsewhere BUT that doesn't mean you're any less. Everyone has strengths, find out what they are and try your best, Be yourself.
Friday, November 07, 2003
::ready::get::set::go!
About
- Name: Pegasus
- Age:the booming twenties
- Education: Hons B.Des
- Listening to:
• Cry ~ Philosopher Kings
• Learning to Breathe ~ Switchfoot
• Trip ~ Hedley - Lovin:
• some "me" time
• Free online games :)
• ice-cream - Not lovin:
• People who try too hard to be cool = loser
• Stubbornness in ppl
• me being so damn naive sometimes - Current reads:
• "Tuesdays with Morrie"~ Mitch Albom
• "Memoirs of a Geisha" ~ Arthur Golden
• "Wicked" ~ Gregory Maguire - Website to visit:
• The Torontoist - Movies I want to watch:
• Inside Man
• The DaVinci Code
• MI:3 - Currently watching:
• What Not to Wear on TLC
• stuff on the "W"
Previous Posts
- **New Shoutout section added**
- Freaky Friday, Good Weekend I"m glad I actually ha...
- I'm sorry.... I've never imagine I would some day...
- Lost in Translation I guess my weekend went alrigh...
- Cheese! Me, Winnie (Yuna) and Betsy haha! Though...
- I was cleaning up my room today and I came across ...
- Its wierd, I realized that I've been so closed. Li...
- I've learned a lot lately, I think its so importan...
- Ah-nold Ah-nold Swhartzenneger is governor now? W...
- Keeping ground When Jesus said not to conform to ...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home