Tuesday, October 21, 2003

I was cleaning up my room today and I came across an exerpt from my Journal about a ski trip last year. A day in a life of......

"It was just another lazy Saturday morning, the weekend before 2nd semester started actually. Don't have much planned that day, just some skating in the afternoon, coffee then a movie or dinner afterwards depending how things go. I woke myself up at 10:30am to give my friend a call to confirm our plans. I headed towards the bathroom to wash-up since 10:30 a.m. is considered way too early for me, I mean, its the holidays! As I made my way back to my room, my dad told me that I just missed a call. I quickly made a call back.
M: Hey, I know its last minute but C just called to ask us if we wanted to go skiing!
Me: Skiiing? now? I havn't packed anything, when is he leaving and how are we getting there?
M: Don't worry, just bring your jacket, gloves and snowpants and stuff. You don't have to take much with you and yes, C is driving....
Me: Yeah, we'll just go, sounds fun besides, we get a ride there. When do we meet him?
M: We'll go for lunch and he'll meet us back at my house around 1:00pm. I'll pick you up at 11-ish.


After getting off the phone, It was time for me to go through the biggest rush since the starting of our holidays, Where the heck are my snow pants?

C arrived in his new ride, its hard to really see the beauty of the car since it was pretty much covered with slush and mud, how sad. We quickly threw our last-minute packed bags in the trunck and quickly made our way inside. Havn't seen C in a while, we went to the same elementary school. It was cool to just catch-up with things to see where we are now in our lives. Traffic was busy everywhere; we quickly made our way onto the 407, popped in a mixed CD, and freedom at last........

It felt like forever getting there but I didn't feel tired in a long car ride for once, I'm usually gone in 10 minutes or so, but no, I was wide awake for two reasons. The car was going so fast, I felt like I was riding a rocket. Guys and their manual cars man.......After getting out of the 407 and on to the local one way roads, that's when the pace really picked up. I can understand that some cars are so doggone slow..and having one lane available towards each direction is hard to avoid. So you can probably guess what's next. With just a few shifts of gear and a step on the gas pedal, we were going from 120....140.....180....200....215 km/hr!! In an attempt to override the cars ahead of us! Not only that, we realized that we didn't notice the upcoming small hill and cars from the opposite direction appeard to be coming direct towards us. C stepped harder on the pedal and quickly switched back onto the right lane.....phew! For a few seconds there, my heart almost jumped out of my chest! I still thought it was more cool than scary though (call me crazy!) Then I realized how powerful his car was (BMW), I dont' think my car could reach anything more than 120 km/hr without burning its engine. Not only that, 120 km/hr on his speed meter is at the beginning of the spectrum, not zero."

That was just an except of what I found, it happened during the X'mas holidays. Brought back a lot of interesting memories. Cleaning up room is fun, don't know what you'll find.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home