Friday, November 21, 2003

Yeah...I decided to blog again....because there has been a lot of great experiences that I wanted to note down lately. My people probs...well, the bigger ones...have sort of melted away in the past week. I guess it was really the stress that made it worse for me. I have been experiencing a lot of God's grace and discipline lately. Though its not always easy, I always end up being really thankful for the things He taught me because it does really makes sense until a bit later on.

I actually got a lot of things done for school lately. I"m so thankful to the Lord that though I get stuck or unmotivated at times, He always there to help me pull through. A couple of nights ago, I read a page of the devotional journal that Mylene got me not too long ago. It started like this, "Do you wonder where you can go for encouragement and motivation? Go back to that moment when you first saw the love of Jesus Christ.........Run to Jesus. Jesus wants you to go to him." That passage really spoke to me......since I've been struggling a lot with focusing on my tasks, or even feeling the purpose to do so. It reminded me that God does know how hard it is to just live each day like a routine...sometimes you just want to stop.....its human nature. All I had to do is just bow down and pray, let Him know my struggles and ask for His Strength to get me through. Sometimes we always think that each day is going to be just like every other day but when we look closer, its really the little things that makes each day unique. Even seeing and speaking to a friend you havn't seen all semester or even something as mundane as giving a stranger directions is something that was meant to be part of your day. Sometimes it seems mundane but we overlook it because its not a big deal to us but it may be for someone else. Its the same with other people, each day is an opportunity to show the love of God to someone new. I guess what I learned is, don't always focus on the task at hand, look deeper to see what you can learn from it and what you can do about it.

Tonight's workshop was really good, we had Tony Costa speaking with us again. He continued his workshop on the world of cults. He had a lot of experience dealing with them, especially at the door. =) His use of irony and sarcasm always makes the sermon "un-boring" haha! =) its true. But the point of the matter is he really helped us understand the basis of the beliefs and the history of the cult. Sometimes you'd wonder why people join these things, though it seems so simple and common-sense not to, there are actually a lot of complicated issues that surrounds it. A lot of psychological stuff behind it too. Yet most importantly with that psych stuff aside, we learned that it greatly distorts the Bible and its teachings by for example, taking it out of context. Overall, it was a really good workshop, made me view things differently and see things in a better perspective. Yet most importantly strengthen my trust in Christ.

A point to ponder: "Howcome creationism is considered "religion" when both creationism and evolutionism both require faith? Were you there when the Big Bang occurred? What about the missing link? It takes the same type of faith to support both theories."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home