~Another day has passed, I'm actually glad the week is soon coming to an end....I'm absolutely exhausted! Last night's prayer meeting was really encouraging, it gave me a chance to get a glimpse of other people's walk with God. What I found truly amazing was the fact that some people were going through the same situation as I am but in a real different context. I guess I've been going though a "trial" or in other words, "a time of affliction". The challenge is to still have that joy and hope in God even when things isn't looking great. I remember reading James 1:2-4, it says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." This passage both inspired and encouraged me, knowing that God is in control and is using both pain and pleasure to develope within me character traits of endurance and patience.
~Today's conference with the teacher actually went quite well and I'm really thankful for that. This project is literally driving me nuts but from what I'd heard from other people, at least my teacher does somewhat help us understand it a bit better than anyone else. Phew!!
~I went with my Mom to do some grocery shopping after school today and as usual, I ended up checking out the stores outside. There were so many teeny boppers hanging out there, I mean, its a week night! As I headed back to the grocery store to find my mom, someone tapped me on the shoulder and I heard a guy's voice saying, "Don't I know you from somewhere?" Thinking it was some stupid 15 year old teeny bopper making a pass at me, I quickly turned around and boy was I in for a surprise. That face did look familiar to me but it didn't take long before I realized it was Freddy from my old YG Malachi days. He changed A LOT, if I hadn't taken a better look at him I wouldn't of recognized him at all. We just caught up a bit with our lives, turns out he's also caught in the middle of the double co-hort. I asked him if he was ever going to come back to church and he told me he was interested to join the softball team. Wow, I never would have thought I would bump into Freddy on a Thursday night.....Life sure is full of surprises =)
Thursday, February 06, 2003
::ready::get::set::go!
About
- Name: Pegasus
- Age:the booming twenties
- Education: Hons B.Des
- Listening to:
• Cry ~ Philosopher Kings
• Learning to Breathe ~ Switchfoot
• Trip ~ Hedley - Lovin:
• some "me" time
• Free online games :)
• ice-cream - Not lovin:
• People who try too hard to be cool = loser
• Stubbornness in ppl
• me being so damn naive sometimes - Current reads:
• "Tuesdays with Morrie"~ Mitch Albom
• "Memoirs of a Geisha" ~ Arthur Golden
• "Wicked" ~ Gregory Maguire - Website to visit:
• The Torontoist - Movies I want to watch:
• Inside Man
• The DaVinci Code
• MI:3 - Currently watching:
• What Not to Wear on TLC
• stuff on the "W"
Previous Posts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home