Summer time in T.O
Fine, I'm not going anywhere exotic this summer but that didn't stop me from having fun right here in Toronto. =) I've realized there are a lot of things here that I haven't really visited or seen in a very long time.
Pickering Flea Market
Recently, I visited the Pickering Flea Market.....I was like....why couldn't I have visited there sooner?? hehe, I love flea markets, you can find very affordable and collectable stuff there. That's where I found a really nice brooch for my mom for Mother's day. I also had fish and chips there.....Mmmm...yum! Cod fish with tartar sauce...=)
Kite Flying
I seriously haven't flown a kite since I was like 7 years old or something. Mark and I headed to the park to fly one on a nice sunny and "windy" afternoon. I was like so excited...hahha....I kept letting the string go so that kite would go further and further. It went so high up the sky! I think the birds were jealous. It actually went too far, it went over to the neighbourhoods close by and I was so afraid that it'll fall onto a roof several blocks away! Good thing Mark pulled the string quickly and it came back to the park grounds =) There were a lot of kids playing the park at that time, they were all sitting down watching us fly the kite. So as you have guessed, we gave them all a chance to the fly the kite. =D That's when I was reminded that kids are like the purest form of life in this world. They keep things simple and have so little prejudice towards anything. When we were about to leave, this little girl comes up to us and we thought she wanted something but she was like "I just want to thankyou for letting me fly the kite", How innocent and cute is that?? Adults should seriously learn to be like children again.....*sigh*
Girls night at Fellowship
Ruth's apartment was far for me. It took me like an hour to drive down there but I was driving the small roads so I guess it pushed me to drive highway more >=). So I rented "Lost in Translation" for our movie night. Though I've seen it like a zillion times, I thought it was nice to share this experience to people who haven't seen it yet =D Upon arriving, I was worried about the dog and two cats that also resides in the apartment but I was so wrong! they were like the most disciplined pets in the world! hahah...Honey didn't eat any of the pizza we ordered. =D and Mojo the cat was the cutest thing! heheh. Aside from the movie, a few of us remembered to bring some old photos from our childhood to talk about. In addition, I brought a list of questions (like the online survey stuff you get in e-mails) to sort of get to know everyone but it turned out more to be an interrogation conducted by connie...HAHAHAH...just joking =D After the movie, we also made muffins then Ruth played us a song she recently wrote. Wow, so much done in so little time, it was a great night regardless.
Anyway, more on my adventures later, so stay tuned. =D
Tuesday, May 11, 2004
::ready::get::set::go!
About
- Name: Pegasus
- Age:the booming twenties
- Education: Hons B.Des
- Listening to:
• Cry ~ Philosopher Kings
• Learning to Breathe ~ Switchfoot
• Trip ~ Hedley - Lovin:
• some "me" time
• Free online games :)
• ice-cream - Not lovin:
• People who try too hard to be cool = loser
• Stubbornness in ppl
• me being so damn naive sometimes - Current reads:
• "Tuesdays with Morrie"~ Mitch Albom
• "Memoirs of a Geisha" ~ Arthur Golden
• "Wicked" ~ Gregory Maguire - Website to visit:
• The Torontoist - Movies I want to watch:
• Inside Man
• The DaVinci Code
• MI:3 - Currently watching:
• What Not to Wear on TLC
• stuff on the "W"
Previous Posts
- Girls will be girls Queenie, Gendi and I HAHAHA(...
- What I learned from Bible Study last night: "Don'...
- Board game frenzy I realized that I've been playi...
- God gives and takes away I guess for many of us, w...
- Summer time *sigh*So summer has finally started fo...
- My day at York Glendon Ahhh...the beautiful frenc...
- Sales People Honestly, I used to love to shop but...
- **Update** Comments section back in session!
- I've been hibernating again, in study mode that is...
- Updates in bits and pieces... ~Wow, its such a be...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home