Friday, February 14, 2003

OH mY GOODNESS!!!!! I actually made it through the week!!! this CRAZY CRAZY week! I had a test on Monday, 2 major projects due and another mid-term this friday. As hard as it is to believe, I actually made it through. First of all, I just want to thank GOD!, the friends and family that were there to support me through all this....its totally appreciated! All that blood, sweat and tears....oh man....Here's a break down on what's been happening:

Design life...............
As most of you know, I major in Graphic Design but what most of you don't know is how challenging it really is. This field is bombarded with critical judgements of your work (no guarantees!), the need for perfection, a constant burst of creativity, and projects all happening at the same time. But what gets to me the most is that you can put so much effort, time and commitment towards something and have it rejected in a matter of seconds. And you know, I realize that I"m only human, I"m not a machine, there are times when I feel like I just can't live up to it all. Don't get me wrong, I love graphic design, its the path that I was lucky enough to choose for myself and I also feel that God led me towards this direction for a reason but He never said it wasn't going to be tough.

Learning to cope........
I guess its been really overwhelming for me recently, especially this past week. I remember sitting down and just bursting into tears thinking that I just couldn't get it all done. There was no way, I told myself. I gave my friend Viv a call, (she's also in my program) and we had a really good conversation. She told me that she sometimes felt the same way but realized that it'll be all worth it one day and that we all go through the same "craziness". She knew exactly what I was going through and that really helped me put things back into perspective.

relying on Him.......
I think being in this position had really helped me learn how to depend on God. Sometimes we think we can handle it all but when the time comes, things are always beyond our control and bigger from what we can handle on our own. "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint". Isaiah 40:31. This verse that I shared a couple of days ago is very very true, despite my stress, God still gave me the strength to do what I had to do. I was tired and weary but He kept rooting for me and giving me support to do what I can.

The result?
My projects are finished for the time being, my exam went quite well and I have peace and comfort in my heart knowing that He's there. I also learned that no matter what I have to face tomorrow and no matter how crazy things get, He's always there to carry me through. Thank you Lord.

BTW, HAPPY V-DAY!~~ I'll blog about that next time =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home