Wednesday, May 12, 2004

The Adventure Continues...

Take me out to the ball game....
So on Sunday afternoon, I went to my first baseball game. heheh. Man, I haven't been catching up with that sport in ages. Then again, has anyone? haha. All I know is that the Blue Jays revamped their image. From a nice gentle blue Jay to a meaner and more "street" version. HAHAHHA......if you have time, compare the two, its a huge difference =). They were playing against the Chicago White Sox that day....and you know....our team is actually pretty good! There's nothing like cheering for your own team, this guy beside us was cheering so loud...it was hilarious. When this guy struck out on the opponent team, he kept yelling out his name like a threat..and everyone was like looking at him...he was so funny. There were some people that painted their faces too....they were pretty hardcore...but then again, they just wanted to be on camera. I don't understand, why can't the camera ever go near me? its like they seem to pan over to everyone around me but me. Sheesh. There were so many foul balls that went up to the audience, like 6 or 7 times or something and again, it never came my way....sheesh =D and oh yeah...we won!! and we got free pizza..hehhe...whoever invented this idea, you're
the best! Afterwards, there was this street performer that entertained the crowd that just came out of the game. He was pretty funny, he managed to juggle two mechetes and an axe. Then he asked for change so that it would help him earn a living without having to sell drugs to kids anymore (I think he was joking).....so I guess everyone in the crowd gave him a few dollars, some even $5! but after walking back up to front street, I realized that this dud probably made like more than $60 for like 15 mins of entertainment, not like profesional entertainment...but like....just street entertainment. There are people out there with real jobs that will take them an entire day to make that kind of money. I feel gypped......

Ontario Science Centre
I haven't been to this place in ages. Most of my memories of this place was mostly from my childhood. Those times when the school took us there for field trips and those times when mom would take my bro and I there for the afternoon. Those were the days.....But I wanted to see how things are now, how has this place, that used to be one of my favourite entertainment havens turned out to be today. To my surprise, nothing much has changed. There was the good ol' Sports area where you can play that "Bobsled" simulation and the wheelchair race...HAHAH who can forget that. =D I loved the technology section but some things seriously need to be updated. Surprisingly, there was a billboard that says the government spent $43 million dollars to renovate the place. $43 million dollars my foot man......I honestly don't see how that money was spent at all in the centre. If they think adding a few more presentation boards and a few more chairs is $43 million dollars well spent.....then they really need to investigate. I would say, the Centre is mostly the same since I last visited. There was like 1 or 2 new sections though but not enough to prove they really renovated the place. There were a lot of machines that was 'out of order' and a lot of the computers and techology were extremely outdated. There was this presentation that talked about the "Compact Disc"...ohhhhh...that's so new...hahah. They're a bit behind, very behind. Anyway, I do see a lot of potential in the science centre, they do have a lot of interesting things going on and things can definitely be improved if they only review it a bit. Come on Bill Nye, get a move on...

My Adventures continue......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home