and the adventure continues
So here I am, suffering from a mild case of fever...probably due to the lack of sleep...typing away. This week has been sooo tiring. Let's just say I've fallen on the wrong side of the bed quite a few times lately (figuratively speaking). Like everything just goes...WRONG. Have you had one of those days? Jobs has been pouring in at work and because my mind has been wondering elsewhere, I feel like I havn't really been 'on the ball' I would say. More like...I've been feeling really crusty lately. I hope my boss isn't mad at me or anything because that's not how I usually work. *sigh* It just goes to show that I'm only human....not a machine. I think having a chance to do my devotions and asking God for strength every morning at that St.James Cathedral really helps me get through these rougher days.
I remember the other day, I took a break to walk outside at a nearby park at work and I was just staring at a really beautiful fountain filled with little birds drinking and bathing from it...just chirping away carelessly. I realized that I have been worrying a lot lately and just carrying so much on my shoulders...then suddenly these words spoke:"Look at the birds in the air, they do not sow or reap or get stored away into barns because your Heavenly Father cares for them. How much more are you compared to these?". I was really touched and thankful knowing that God has really been listening to my prayers and answering me at the most unexpected of times....well in this case..the right time. It was such a wonderful reminder. As I made my way back to work, this woman came up to me and identified herself as a reporter from The Sun Newspaper (like I read that junk...ha). She told me that she wanted to ask me a question then take my picture and I'll be in the Newspaper the next day. I was sort of surprised because she caught me off guard...I mean, I really didn't see it coming. Then I asked her what question she was going to ask me...then she was like..."What was your best memory of summer". I thought that was like way too general...I mean...its like asking me which summer adventure I liked best.....but really, I just don't want my picture to be in the newspaper. I was like having the worse hair day in the world....just no way! She was like....why not? It'll be an interesting experience! and I was like...nah...I'm seriously not very photogenic these days. hahha....wow..that was weird...but interesting though. After the incident, I just laughed to myself (along with other people in the park that saw what happened) and went on my way back to work.....
and the adventure continues......
Wednesday, June 23, 2004
::ready::get::set::go!
About
- Name: Pegasus
- Age:the booming twenties
- Education: Hons B.Des
- Listening to:
• Cry ~ Philosopher Kings
• Learning to Breathe ~ Switchfoot
• Trip ~ Hedley - Lovin:
• some "me" time
• Free online games :)
• ice-cream - Not lovin:
• People who try too hard to be cool = loser
• Stubbornness in ppl
• me being so damn naive sometimes - Current reads:
• "Tuesdays with Morrie"~ Mitch Albom
• "Memoirs of a Geisha" ~ Arthur Golden
• "Wicked" ~ Gregory Maguire - Website to visit:
• The Torontoist - Movies I want to watch:
• Inside Man
• The DaVinci Code
• MI:3 - Currently watching:
• What Not to Wear on TLC
• stuff on the "W"
Previous Posts
- Wine,A beamer,A cathedral and public transportatio...
- Let's go to Hollywood! After constant nagging and...
- Bits and pieces ~I can't believe summer school is ...
- Unionville festival So today for the first time, I...
- Panic Attack Oh yeah..forgot to blog about this in...
- University of Guelph So my family and I visited Gu...
- The need for Communication I recently realized tha...
- Iron Chef I have to say that I'm the iron chef now...
- Story time under the Olive Tree Olive's testimony ...
- No more just fun and games Wow, God has blessed m...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home