Panic Attack
Oh yeah..forgot to blog about this incident. So two weeks ago, I had a dentist appointment for a regular check-up and clean up. I've been putting it off for ages because I could never find the time in my schedule to go until now. Having visited the dentist most of my life (I had the braces and everything before, the works), I didn't think twice about such a simple check-up. I never really had a fear of going to the dentist before at all. But something weird happened this time around. I sat on the dentist chair and my dentist and his assistant started operating on me...then suddenly I started panicking! I just couldn't lay there anymore or or let them operate on me. I felt so uncomfortable...I had to get-up. My dentist was really understanding though, he told me that it happens to a lot of his patients. But what I didn't understand was why on earth did that happen to me? I just couldn't explain my abnormal reaction to the whole situation. But then, there are many factors to what happened. It was early in the morning and I didn't really eat yet before I went to the dentist. I told the dentist about that and he told me that I shouldn't have done that because I don't have any sugar in my body to function. So he told me to get up and gave me a box of fruit juice to drink. I tried for the second time....but no! I just couldn't!! I was just so frustrated. So after that incident, I started to think about the factors that may have caused it. 1.)I havn't gone to the dentist since '01 2.) I was really stressed out that day 3.)I didn't eat anything. *sigh* This past friday, I got a chance to talk to Jesse about the situation, since he studies dentistry I thought he can give me some insight. Surprisely, I found that these type of situations isn't new. There are people called "gaggers" that like want to vomit even at the slightest touch from the dentist....now that's bad. So I didn't feel so bad about my situation and he told me that my reasons are possible factors too. Well some good news, the second time I went to the dentist, I sat through the whole session. It wasn't comfortable at first..but I stuck by it..and it was alright after a few minutes. I really thank God for helping me conquor my fears....even the unusual ones.
Tuesday, June 01, 2004
::ready::get::set::go!
About
- Name: Pegasus
- Age:the booming twenties
- Education: Hons B.Des
- Listening to:
• Cry ~ Philosopher Kings
• Learning to Breathe ~ Switchfoot
• Trip ~ Hedley - Lovin:
• some "me" time
• Free online games :)
• ice-cream - Not lovin:
• People who try too hard to be cool = loser
• Stubbornness in ppl
• me being so damn naive sometimes - Current reads:
• "Tuesdays with Morrie"~ Mitch Albom
• "Memoirs of a Geisha" ~ Arthur Golden
• "Wicked" ~ Gregory Maguire - Website to visit:
• The Torontoist - Movies I want to watch:
• Inside Man
• The DaVinci Code
• MI:3 - Currently watching:
• What Not to Wear on TLC
• stuff on the "W"
Previous Posts
- University of Guelph So my family and I visited Gu...
- The need for Communication I recently realized tha...
- Iron Chef I have to say that I'm the iron chef now...
- Story time under the Olive Tree Olive's testimony ...
- No more just fun and games Wow, God has blessed m...
- The summer journey continues The flying Golf club...
- The Adventure Continues... Take me out to the bal...
- Summer time in T.O Fine, I'm not going anywhere e...
- Girls will be girls Queenie, Gendi and I HAHAHA(...
- What I learned from Bible Study last night: "Don'...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home