The need for Communication
I recently realized that 99% of all conflicts are due to communication problems. The solution seem to be so simple, for those who talk much should listen more, for those you listen more should speak more and especially for those who don't pay attention, should pay more attention! However, I think bad communication all boils down to ignorance for both parties, if either party cares about an issue or they assume things should happen their way things can become disasterous. Grrrrr!
Patience
People always say good things comes to those who wait. Well, a better analogy for me is good food comes to those who wait. Why? on my recent cheesecake making frenzy....my second attempt wasn't as good as the first one. *sigh* This time I jumped ahead too soon thinking that I can speed up the process. Since I don't have one of those electric whisks, I had to stir the gooey hard cheese mix by hand. For some reason, the mix didn't look as good as the last one and there were little air bubbles all over it! I was already convinced that I had done something wrong to the mix, either put in the wrong ingredient or put a little too much of something. I was ready to put the mix onto the pan to bake and hope that it'll be alright after its cooked. However, before I did so, my Mom stopped me and grabbed the bowl and told me I wasn't finished mixing it yet. So she took the wooden spoon and started mixing and mixing for like 30 minutes, non-stop!!! But by the time she was done...the mix looked really smooth and creamy....it was like the first time I did it. I didn't know why it didn't seem that long for me to do it last time. But this time, I've probably didn't put in the ingredients in its proper order. I guess the lesson for me that day was that in all that you do, add a little patience and good things will come whether it comes to food or in real life.
Wednesday, May 26, 2004
::ready::get::set::go!
About
- Name: Pegasus
- Age:the booming twenties
- Education: Hons B.Des
- Listening to:
• Cry ~ Philosopher Kings
• Learning to Breathe ~ Switchfoot
• Trip ~ Hedley - Lovin:
• some "me" time
• Free online games :)
• ice-cream - Not lovin:
• People who try too hard to be cool = loser
• Stubbornness in ppl
• me being so damn naive sometimes - Current reads:
• "Tuesdays with Morrie"~ Mitch Albom
• "Memoirs of a Geisha" ~ Arthur Golden
• "Wicked" ~ Gregory Maguire - Website to visit:
• The Torontoist - Movies I want to watch:
• Inside Man
• The DaVinci Code
• MI:3 - Currently watching:
• What Not to Wear on TLC
• stuff on the "W"
Previous Posts
- Iron Chef I have to say that I'm the iron chef now...
- Story time under the Olive Tree Olive's testimony ...
- No more just fun and games Wow, God has blessed m...
- The summer journey continues The flying Golf club...
- The Adventure Continues... Take me out to the bal...
- Summer time in T.O Fine, I'm not going anywhere e...
- Girls will be girls Queenie, Gendi and I HAHAHA(...
- What I learned from Bible Study last night: "Don'...
- Board game frenzy I realized that I've been playi...
- God gives and takes away I guess for many of us, w...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home