Choosing God, and living wisely
I feel like there are a lot of people out there who say no to God, then complain about how their lives are so messed up all the time. Its like God wants to help and you say "no" to Him, so what is He to do? Its like you see a friend who is in need, and you have what it takes to help him/her and they just won't let you help them. What are you to do? You can't force it, because it displeases them and they'll scold you even more for doing what they don't want. So all you can do is, let them be.
I realized, there is so much more than saying "yes" to God. There are so many great things that He has in his Word that can really help us with our choatic lives. I mean, christian or not, we all have issues and we all face troubles. Its just the matter of whether or not we choose to accept God's wisdom. I have to say, listening and obeying God's word has really helped me stay strong through all the rain in my life. No matter how hard the wind blows, God still brings us back to the right path. Even the simple principles of life that God offers in the Bible, has proven to be extremely useful and effective in my everyday life. I'm definitely not perfect and I"m learning everyday, but having God's word in mind definitely puts me a step towards my goal. Even things like the daily challenges, choosing to be patient (fruit of the Spirit) when dealing with difficult people, thinking twice before spending on something (how are you spending God's resources), staying strong when facing struggles (God's presence and strength). Basically his Word, keeps my head above the rushing waters.
I had a friend who recently complained to me about being so bad financially. But then when I look at the person's spending habits, its over the roof! Throws money here and there even when the basic needs are not met. There are a lot of people who seem to live their lives recklessly like that and wonder why, when the answer is not anybody but themselves. So the blame really isn't on God not providing, God wants to help you make wiser choices too. But if you say no to him, again, what is He to do?
Saturday, May 13, 2006
::ready::get::set::go!
About
- Name: Pegasus
- Age:the booming twenties
- Education: Hons B.Des
- Listening to:
• Cry ~ Philosopher Kings
• Learning to Breathe ~ Switchfoot
• Trip ~ Hedley - Lovin:
• some "me" time
• Free online games :)
• ice-cream - Not lovin:
• People who try too hard to be cool = loser
• Stubbornness in ppl
• me being so damn naive sometimes - Current reads:
• "Tuesdays with Morrie"~ Mitch Albom
• "Memoirs of a Geisha" ~ Arthur Golden
• "Wicked" ~ Gregory Maguire - Website to visit:
• The Torontoist - Movies I want to watch:
• Inside Man
• The DaVinci Code
• MI:3 - Currently watching:
• What Not to Wear on TLC
• stuff on the "W"
Previous Posts
- Love/HateI went to NYC this weekend and I must say...
- and she finally comes out of her shelldamn, I have...
- No more shopping in chinese places for meI've been...
- This summerThis summer seem to be the longest one ...
- UpdateBeen learning a lot about people lately. It ...
- Finally an updateI have to say, life moves pretty ...
- The heat is onIts been a little too hot in Toronto...
- One Cuban Cigar please....So finally my parents ca...
- My Chicago AdventuresI guess I should blog about m...
- Hello Toronto, once againI have to admit, everytim...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home