Saturday, June 11, 2005

One Cuban Cigar please....
So finally my parents came back from Cuba. I have to say, I havn't seen my parents this happy in awhile. I"m really glad that they had a good time. They both got tanned, especially my mom. hahah. My mom told me she really enjoyed swimming with the fishes and the water was surprisingly clean and clear. They lived at Varadero and toured Havana as well. I guess playing house without my parents this week was interestingly enough to be called a relief. Though it was a lot of work, I really marveled at the freedom that I experienced. I sort of got to feel how "astronaut kids" feel. You know, people whose parents are in HK and the kids get to grow up here in North America on their own. I have to say, its a good feeling. You feel less pressured and more freedom. Soo good. Don't have to worry too much about the bills, just do your best at school and learn a bit about responsibility. Of course, there are many cases where people aren't too wise with this freedom but on the positive side of things, its a pretty good opportunity none the less. That's how my cousin had it in London, England. She just goes to University for 4 years there and is given the freedom to live on her own. Wow, if I had the opportunity to study overseas in a city like London, how much more of an experience I would have!

I feel like living at home during your University years has its ups and downs. Even my parents got to live on their own when they were in University. Living at home sounds comfortable...but its not that great when you have your parents breathing down your neck 24-7. Sometimes, you just need that freedom to live out your life. Nobody's perfect, which is something parents sometimes forget. So what if my room is a little messy? Kind of tired from all the work, I don't really need someone there to constantly nag me about everything! I do believe that I'm at the age where I'm capable of making wise choices, so sometimes I do marvel at the idea of moving out. Yet of course, due to monetary reasons, this possibility is next to impossible. HAHAH. However, I do know that living on your own isn't the easiest thing, a lot of things to consider too. Maybe one day I guess. Don't get me wrong, I love it here at home. I guess its just something to think about at this time of my life.


Not the red Mini..but almost
Today I got to sit in Uncle Chui's new smart car! Its sooo cute!! heheh. After my parents came home today, we went out for dinner with Auntie and Uncle Chui where they drove their new car. Man, after a week of eating my own food, it was nothing like a good meal in a yummy chiu chow restaurant. HAHAH. Not that my food was bad or anything, its just that there's more variety to eat..hahah. I usually just make one kind of food when its just my bro and I. After dinner, I got a chance to cruise around in Uncle's new car, its so funny! He kept doing turns in the parking lot and everyone was roaming around the car. The interior was really cool, sort of like a race-car type of feel to it. It can be manual or automatic and the engine is at the back of the car. I have to say, I don't feel totally safe in it but with Uncle Chui's experience with driving, it wouldn't be a problem. He told me he had to order it 4 months prior, hahah, what a refreshing experience!

Unionville Street Festival
So Mark and I visited the Festival this year again. (We went last weekend). I guess we just love Main Street Unionville, its just that old-school community feel that makes it so unique. It has gotten a lot more multi-cultural too. With lots of different cultural foods, BBQs, arts and crafts and music. We saw quite a few people there too, we bumped into Jack and Cass. I havn't seen them for so long. It turns out Jack is still teaching at my old highschool and this time around, he's teaching physics. Brainer...hahah. I remember seeing him in school when I was still there and I called him "Jack", instead of Mr. Wong. I thought I was so cool..HAHAHAHA. Anyway, I ate the yummiest thing at the Festival. Vanilla ice-cream with fresh Strawberries on top....soo yummy and healthy! We also bought chili hot-dogs and ate them while listening to some people perform live Jazz. *sigh* Its just the little joys like these that makes life worth it. I thank God for that day.


Taken advantage
I've been unhappy dealing with certain people lately. I realized there are a lot of ppl out there that can be so inconsiderate of others. People who use others for their own benefit and sometimes it just makes me sick to my stomach. You would just ask yourself the question why some people are like that. So not unless you're J.LO, should anyone succumb to your "Diva" demands (those people gets paid by the way). I think that's the reason why people are afraid to lend a helping hand sometimes because there are a lot of greedy people out there who just abuse their generosity. Its even more sad when these type of people are supposed to be your friends. I wonder if they're really my friends in the first place.

More to come...

1 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh pegster! loving the new look of your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home