Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Almost finished....I can taste it.

Have you ever been soo tired that you can't sleep? Or you feel so restless but you simply don't have the energy to do anything? That's what I've been feeling lately, so tired from school. People say.."oh you're almost finished anyway.." but they don't realize how much needs to be done in so little time. Sorry I haven't updated my blog in a VERY long time. A lot of things have been happening. So last week, I had an external assessment at the Novotel hotel on the Esplanade. The experience I would say was very intense for everybody. We were out in the waiting area where the couches were and we were all freakin out! Thankfully there was some free food and drinks....hehehh :) What's external assessment? Its a the-end-of-the-year evaluation of our work in the Design program. Wow, what a "wonderful" gift for us in the most busiest time of the year! sense the exaggeration? Anyhoo, my assessment went alright, I didn't fully agree with what they had to say but hey, they were cool with my workshop. Blah, its still an experience none the less. But I'm really glad its over, went to the St.Lawrence market afterwards then went out to eat seafood with my parents. A good ending to quite an intense day.

So today, I finally handed in my thesis project (Workshop), man...I can't believe I'm done. ( Just workshop,I still have 3 more other projects to go by the way) Its been a wild ride man. Remember those surveys I sent out in the beginning and middle of the year on public transit? Want to see what I did with them? Ask me or come to our gradshow :) For the first semester, I worked on a booklet and for this semester, I made the crazy decision to do my project in flash. It was crazy but my hard work paid off, I'm actually quite comfortable in using flash now. I gotta thank my professor and my peers for their encouragement and motivation. People have always been freaked out about graduating but I'm rather excited and extremely happy to be done. I really don't understand why some people feel so gloomy about graduating. Hey, I'm not afraid to say that University is challenging and graduating from it is quite an accomplishment. So isn't finishing it a great thing? Especially when its an intense program.

I can't wait until I"m done, so I can really have a life again man....sheesh. I wanna go rollerblading and biking by lakeshore, I wanna go to more concerts, have time to visit exhibitions (I want to see Massive Change and the crystal gallery) and most importantly catch up with my friends! I really miss their company, these past four years of ups and downs, its really my friends that always does the job of cheering me up. People that I can be comfortable and myself around, people who don't give a crap about what I do, to them, I'm just....piglet. I look forward to having some fun this summer and just....be a kid again. Life's been way too serious.

Anyway, just a few more projects to go. Gotta add some oil!! More to come.

2 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi pegster! i've still been reading your blog religiously! tee hee. we need to catch up this summer. this year has been so crazy busy. i think i took too many courses. haha. but it's ok. it's all worth it now! if you have msn, add me! eleven_oh_two@hotmail.com. good luck on the rest of the year! <3

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arr, Peggy! Reading your blog makes me miss you! I'm really curious as to what became of those surveys, so please let me know ;)

P.S.: Congrats for graduating from such an intense program! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home