My two cents
Man....life has been full of drama lately. Its kind of a mixture of what I'm going through and what people are going through but mostly its out of observation. The world seem to get more complicated as the days go by, people are such complicated creatures. I feel like there so many things that people are doing to themselves that makes things more difficult when it doesn't have to be. That's why I have come up with a list of things people should go by and hopefully will make things easier:
1.) Don't talk down at people. People love using their hindsight biases to exaggerate their knowledge about something. Not everybody revolves around what you do and what you know. So don't expect people to be always in-tune with you because there are a lot of things others know that you don't. If they don't know something, just tell them. What's really the point of talking down at them anyway? To make yourself feel better or bigger? Get outta here!
2.) Don't be something that you're not. I'm sure many of us has met people that are full of a lot of hot air. I remember being in a conversation once on the topic of musicals. There was this individual that kept rambling on about how many musicals she've seen. Then I said that I havn't seen Joseph and the technicolour dreamcoat. This person rambles on and says, "oh my gosh, I can't believe you havn't seen it, I saw it, it was so good." But when I asked the person what it was about, she told me she forgot. That was probably one of the funniest things I've ever experienced. I don't even think she knows who Joseph was. Sometimes it goes to show how far people go to make themselves somebody they're not. Its like, when your bubble bursts, it can be pretty embarassing.
3.) Don't compare yourself to other people. "Howcome so and so has this and I don't","its not fair". The bottom line is, people are different. Thus God has blessed us in different ways as well. Focus on the good things that God has provided for you and don't spend so much time coveting someone else. Rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn.
4.) Don't be so self-centered. I know some people who when good things happen to them, they boast about it so much and if something good happens to someone else, they get all judgemental. What's with that? Its kind of funny though. Just to realize that we really are the center of our own worlds. You gotta give people the same love too, its not all about you.
5.) Trust God in all circumstances. There's nothing wrong with being too optimistic when it comes to trusting God. Of course things may not happen the way we want it to, infact, we may even face some hardships in life. But we can never go wrong by putting our hope and faith in God for the days ahead. No matter how bad things may be, hang in there and continue to love and trust God. By doing so, you will be able to one day see his purpose and reason. There's nothing wrong with having great expectations for God, trusting and believing really reflects our faith in Him.
that's it for now. Hope that provided you with some entertainment. What are your thoughts?
Sunday, February 13, 2005
::ready::get::set::go!
About
- Name: Pegasus
- Age:the booming twenties
- Education: Hons B.Des
- Listening to:
• Cry ~ Philosopher Kings
• Learning to Breathe ~ Switchfoot
• Trip ~ Hedley - Lovin:
• some "me" time
• Free online games :)
• ice-cream - Not lovin:
• People who try too hard to be cool = loser
• Stubbornness in ppl
• me being so damn naive sometimes - Current reads:
• "Tuesdays with Morrie"~ Mitch Albom
• "Memoirs of a Geisha" ~ Arthur Golden
• "Wicked" ~ Gregory Maguire - Website to visit:
• The Torontoist - Movies I want to watch:
• Inside Man
• The DaVinci Code
• MI:3 - Currently watching:
• What Not to Wear on TLC
• stuff on the "W"
Previous Posts
- finally an update Sorry for the lack of blogging, ...
- A little sad about leaving London Time sure flies ...
- Last night in London Wah! I don't want to leave! b...
- Merry Christmas I'm so thankful that I got a chanc...
- Feeling Nostalgic One sad thing about visiting dif...
- Things are settling down So I guess winnie was rig...
- Taste of London So the other day, my cousin and I ...
- I miss my family Today, we picked up my aunt and u...
- **Comments section added Please leave your message...
- Chilling with the wax celebs =D So I finally visit...

1 Comments:
Peggy this blog is AWESOME. I especially agree with the first two points, I hate how everyone pretends to be such an expert at something just cuz they've had one personal experience with it. Truth is, people who REALLY know stuff only tell you how much they don't know...
~Connie
Post a Comment
<< Home