Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Chilling with the wax celebs =D
So I finally visited Madame Tussaud's in London, very disappointed that Prince William wasn't there *sigh*. I was so looking forward to seeing him! But at least David Beckham was there. =D The experience was kind of freaky because the wax models look soooo real. Sometimes I couldn't tell who was real or fake...hahha. There was a wax model of Julia Roberts standing there and I was so afraid to go close to it because it looked like it can come to life at any moment. I also liked the one of Beyonce, looks so real but in quite a funny pose. The ladies went crazy over Beckham like I did..hahah, didn't see victoria beckham because I'll so photoshop her outta there! heheh kidding. =) They also had a ride in there too, called "The heart of london", I think its supposed to be educational but my cousin and I found it quite scary especially the history part of it. They also had a live show called "Warriors", some staged fight between Achilles and Alexander or something. It was pretty hilarious, they got the kids up there to do the fighting while the crowd cheered on. There was this new part of the show called "Serial Killers" which I refused to go into. It looked so scary!! they also had live actors in there too.....I mean the wax ones scare me already and having them jump out at me isn't a really good idea. On a interesting note, I didn't see the controversial scene with David Beckham and Victoria as Mary and Joseph. I think they shut it down due to all the controversy surrounding it. oh wellz, I don't think its the greatest either, sort of is offending. =p

Grub
Finally ate my first authentic british fish and chips. yummy! It was nice and ghetto, wrapped in paper and put in a paper bag. hahah. I had an english breakfast the other day too, it was alright I guess, pretty filling but alright. I had japanese food in china town last night and it wasn't that great either. They charged me 50p for a doggy bag!! Its so expensive here, they charge for everything! my eyes keep getting wider and wider when I discover how much things are. eccck! Even a bottle of ice-tea is expensive, close to $4.00 canadian for one bottle....sheesh. I think the greatest food over here is probably the fish and chips, when it comes to the international front, T.O's got it covered big time =) Its still the first few days here so I'll wait and see if there's other good food..I"m hungry...

Museums and galleries
So far, I've visited the British Museum and the National Gallery. I have to say, I was more blown away with the Gallery because I actually got a chance to see "real" works by Monet, Carravagio, Da Vinci, my all time fave Van Gogh and Van Dyke just to name a few. I just can't believe its the real thing you know? The paintings that I've seen in textbooks and crammed in my head during highschool art has come to life. Too bad we couldn't take pictures, so I will try to remember it as much as I can..heheh.

Oxford Circus
Since my cousin had school the other day, I ventured central london on my own. More specifically around Oxford Circus which has become my second home. hahah. It is the main shopping area of central london and its amazing! The stores are so huge and swanky but not in a snobby kind of way, that you feel you don't fit in when you walk in or something. They all pretty much have a welcoming vibe to them. There's a lot of variety too, there's this store called "Top Shop", they literally have everything there, jewelery, clothes, shoes, hats, you name it and lots of selection. "The Gadget Store" is another interesting one, they sell a bunch of cool games and electronic toys for kids and adults. They have also have a nike town and addidas store that looked more like a swanky club than a store. There are bargains too, not everything is on the highend. So you'll need to scope around to find the best deals in town. =)

A series of unfortunate events
Ladies, you can never be too sure. It was around 5pm and I was supposed to be meeting my cousin at Trafalgar square after finishing school. Since I arrived early, I decided to just take a look around again. It was getting a little dark and I was incredibly tired from walking all day. Out of no where, this guy came from behind me and started talking to me, since I don't talk to strangers especially when I'm alone, so I just kept walking and ignored him. He was talking rubbish like ohh..how are you? How was your day? blah blah and trying to have a conversation but he kept following me even when I was walking away. >=( I power walked towards a security person working a few feet away and stayed there for a bit. I think he finally gave up then I saw him going up to another single woman and talking to her. She also brushed him off. What's scary is that I saw him walking away from the area then he just stood there scoping the crowd. Oh my goodness! So I decided to go back into the gallery just for the safe side. I was pretty upset at what happened, some guys do really need a kick in the head or *ahem* below. i was also thinking about how safe T.O is, well compared to the rest of the world. I really thank the Lord for providing me with safety. Its not easy being a woman. Don't worry ppl, I'm alright and safe at home now, pray for me!! =) I will be careful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home