Friday, November 26, 2004

Welcome bacccccccck! (Mase styles) yeah....after going on hiatus for awhile, I decided to update my blog. So many things have happened since then but hey, I'm still alive. Maybe I'll just break things down a lil bit.

::School::
Madness.....pure madness. Hahah....yeah, there's so much work this year its not even funny. Especially when you're making a book, doing editorial design and have a huge workshop project at the same time. But surprisingly, I've been handling it pretty well. I think its all about time management. There were times when all I did was work, eat, sleep, work, work and work. These past few months can be summarized by the following: allnighters, coffee, the smell of rubber cement, working on my powerbook (yay!) forgetfulness, overdue books, bumping into things due to lack of sleep, looking and feelin crusty with all the stress and tiredness. I think I even lost some weight too and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing in this case.

Through this crazy time, I've learned to enjoy the simple pleasures in life. Like watching Ashlee Simpson's SNL video (HAHA...I know..but honestly, it was such a stress reliever HAHA), pulling all nighters with friends, coffeeing at Timmy's in the mornings and late night escapades to Dairy Queen. Its like...I want to be distracted! But I really have to thank God for giving me strength when I really felt too weak to do anymore or when I feel demotivated. The projects are turning out quite well too so I guess all this work is worth something :) I"m just thankful that God answers my lil prayers in the mornings for giving me the strength to go through each day and seeing everything through till the end. I got a few left to do, so add oil! add oil! y'all!

::Concert Month::
All work and no play makes me go crazy! So thank God, I was able to enjoy two concerts this month. I went to Joey Yung's Show up concert!!! yea yea yea! I'm such a fob....:) but I love her songs! Honestly, it was a REALLY bad time to go to concerts this month so I had to do a few all nighters just to be able to go :****( It was worth it though because i really needed a break. It was held at Casino-rama in Orillia and we had to catch the 12pm bus! and the concert started at 8pm =( But Mark and I had just adventured around the casino to watch people play and took a bunch of pictures for my book. hahah. So time wasn't totally wasted =) It was cool because I bumped into a good friend of mine and her bf too, so we all had dinner together in the hotel restaurant which was pretty cool. The concert was great and as usual, the always prepared Maria bought us glow sticks for the show. heheh. I would say the best part was the karoake part when Joey sang all her hit songs and the screen displayed words that we all sang along to. I love the encore as well...when everyone was screaming for her to get back on stage..hahah...I'm thankful the audience in where I was sitting were pretty enthusiastic too they were pretty hardcore...screaming her name (the guys..were..hahah). All in all, it was a good concert, good music, good company. However....the bus ride back was crazy....The earliest bus that went back in town was at 12 midnight and you can imagine crowds of people pushing and shoving trying to get the bus. It was crazy but all of us got into the bus, phew! so that was the night!

The Second concert I went to was for the older crowd, it was the Francis Yip and Steven Ma concert at Casino Niagara. But I must say "Yip Lai Yee" can really sing. Her voice is amazing...she's basically the chinese Celine Dion. She can sing fluent english, cantonese and mandarin, she can speak them fluently too. They hired the Toronto Symphony Orchestra to play the music...and it was AMAZING. Maria and I enjoyed the Steven Ma part of the show too..hahah...he was pretty charming =D He asked the audience which song we wanted him to sing and Maria just screams out to him. It was funny and embarassing at the same time cuz people were looking because she was so loud..hahah...it was all in good fun =) What sort of suxed was that we weren't allowed to take pictures in there...=P but that didn't stop us. heheh =) It was real tiring though because I was went straight down to Niagara right after school..but by the end of the night, I was wasn't too tired.

I guess both concerts were pretty good but I must say, Casino Niagara is sooo much nicer than rama.....rama is so boring.....at least Niagara had little shops and there's stuff to look at and do besides gambling. bleh. If the concerts weren't held there, I wouldn't even be there. blech.

Alright..me tired...more to come....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home