Summer Conference 2004!!
I had such an amazing long weekend at Summer Conference this year. Here are some memorable tadbits:
~Amazing worship team this year. Ruth, Andrew, Jon, Nevin, Matthew and Johnnie did such an terrific job. They sounded so good that I thought it was a CD playing....seriously! I havn't experienced a really inspiring and well-done worship session in a very very LONG while. I thank the Lord for such a great worship team this year. Thankyou!
~The messages by Dr Samuel Ling, they were controversial and thought provoking at the same time. Really made me think and want to learn more.
~Crazy Badminton during freetime, working off the weight which was later regained during dinner...hahha
~The food! They had everything! Good quantity and quality. MMm...shepard's pie.....and that chocolate pudding......MMmmm
~Josiah V.S Emmanual fellowship Trivial Pursuit Competition. It was a very very close-call, ask anyone!! Yes Emmanual proved victorious again...but hey, how many decades has it been for them? We young'uns just starting out! heheheh just kidding! =)But next year.....trust...
~Guys versus Girls Cranium and Taboo game night. Seriously..does Daniel really think he can intimidate the girls? NO WAY!! =D
~Finding out that a very very "conservative" sister used to be a mad clubber back-in-the-day. Seriously....you wouldn't believe!! (Don't worry, she told us herself...hhehehhe)
~Spending some quality time with my sisters in Christ. Thanks Abby, Winnie and Alice..hehhe =) oh yeah and Brian, does he count as a sister now? =D
~Getting to know more brothers and sisters that I don't normally talk to...there are some amazing personalities I didn't know about. =) I'm glad to have the opportunity.
~My Bible study group, thanks for the sharing and fun =)
~Learning that my Bible Study partner is not 30...HAHHA! =)
~The Social Injustice workshop led by Ken and Ann foo. Blunt yet truthful. That's my style. Can't wait to hear the second part.
~"I'm naked and in the ocean" - Joseph W. during a Taboo game. (need I say more?)
~"Shake your bonbon!" - Elmo (This is no joke...we have actual video evidence)
There are really too many memories to name but it was overall a really memorable experience. =) Now that we're back home and have to face the head/heartaches of everday life, I hope to never forget what I learned and experienced in SC and our unity in Christ will continue from where we left off.
stay tuned for more adventures.....
Saturday, July 03, 2004
::ready::get::set::go!
About
- Name: Pegasus
- Age:the booming twenties
- Education: Hons B.Des
- Listening to:
• Cry ~ Philosopher Kings
• Learning to Breathe ~ Switchfoot
• Trip ~ Hedley - Lovin:
• some "me" time
• Free online games :)
• ice-cream - Not lovin:
• People who try too hard to be cool = loser
• Stubbornness in ppl
• me being so damn naive sometimes - Current reads:
• "Tuesdays with Morrie"~ Mitch Albom
• "Memoirs of a Geisha" ~ Arthur Golden
• "Wicked" ~ Gregory Maguire - Website to visit:
• The Torontoist - Movies I want to watch:
• Inside Man
• The DaVinci Code
• MI:3 - Currently watching:
• What Not to Wear on TLC
• stuff on the "W"
Previous Posts
- and the adventure continues So here I am, sufferi...
- Wine,A beamer,A cathedral and public transportatio...
- Let's go to Hollywood! After constant nagging and...
- Bits and pieces ~I can't believe summer school is ...
- Unionville festival So today for the first time, I...
- Panic Attack Oh yeah..forgot to blog about this in...
- University of Guelph So my family and I visited Gu...
- The need for Communication I recently realized tha...
- Iron Chef I have to say that I'm the iron chef now...
- Story time under the Olive Tree Olive's testimony ...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home