Paddington Bear has landed
I've finally arrived in London! I"m so excited!! I still can't really believe that I'm here!! My cousin and I was taking the tube back home and I was like "wow" in every street. I felt like I was in the set of "About a boy" or something =D Glad my cousin didn't think I was too much of a weirdo because she did the same when she first came for school. We also chatted and did some major catching up as well, its amazing to realize how similar we both are though we havn't seen or talked to eachother in ages! I"m living it up in Paddington right now, I'm loving the flat, its so Bridget Jones. heheh :) When I got back home, I was too tired to go out again. I found out that my cousin hasn't slept at all :) but thankfully she's a night-hawk like me. Its actually 6 am right now in london but I just can't sleep. My sleeping pattern in Toronto wasn't so great either so now that I"m in london, its gone haywire =D.
After a 7 hour nap, we headed out @ 8:30pm to eat dinner and to walk around central london. However, we both weren't too hungry yet because we were still full from the yummy instant noodles my cousin cooked up earlier. =D So we decided to have a walk in central to see the sites. The experience was exhilarating, the christmas lights are so beautiful, not to mention the cool stores, buildings, pubs, internet cafes, theatres, old telephone booths,..ohh everything :D . It got a little cold so we grabbed a nice hot chocalate from Second Cup and continued our journey. We went as far as Chinatown, stocked with many small restaurants and of course asians =P. I realize that everytime asians see other asians in other countries, we tend to look at eachother...hahahh =D Its like...we family or something. We also went to see the Marble Arch, Trafalgar Square and walked down Oxford street and Regent street. I also discovered that Macintosh just opened this huge and super sleek store on Oxford street. Wowsers! At the end, though we intended to grab some fish and chips for dinner but when we got to the place, we found out it was already closed =( So we ended up going to Mickey D's...heheh, that was the closest thing opened at 11:30pm. But I did find out that in England, all the combos are the same price! and I have to say, the McChicken is still better at home....it was too dry here...eck!
That's it for now, stay tuned for more adventures. Now, how does that tube work......
Sunday, December 12, 2004
::ready::get::set::go!
About
- Name: Pegasus
- Age:the booming twenties
- Education: Hons B.Des
- Listening to:
• Cry ~ Philosopher Kings
• Learning to Breathe ~ Switchfoot
• Trip ~ Hedley - Lovin:
• some "me" time
• Free online games :)
• ice-cream - Not lovin:
• People who try too hard to be cool = loser
• Stubbornness in ppl
• me being so damn naive sometimes - Current reads:
• "Tuesdays with Morrie"~ Mitch Albom
• "Memoirs of a Geisha" ~ Arthur Golden
• "Wicked" ~ Gregory Maguire - Website to visit:
• The Torontoist - Movies I want to watch:
• Inside Man
• The DaVinci Code
• MI:3 - Currently watching:
• What Not to Wear on TLC
• stuff on the "W"
Previous Posts
- Afternoon tea anyone? As most of you heard, yes, I...
- ~Tonight was the perfect weather to head downtown ...
- Welcome bacccccccck! (Mase styles) yeah....after g...
- What a dingbat! Ahhh..finally, the morning after ...
- New Year, New Challenges So here I am FINALLY typi...
- Will be updated soon Stinkin Spyware has clogged m...
- I'm back After a week of being sick, pegsta has cr...
- Phoenix, Arizona: A year later I can't believe ...
- Saturday Night Fever Nono...not that Beegees theme...
- My Poor Trackie So I've been pretty upset lately, ...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home