Thursday, December 30, 2004

A little sad about leaving London
Time sure flies by, there were times when I really missed home, yet there were times when I didn't. The fact that I'm leaving tomorrow morning is really sinking in now. I really don't want to go back to school. I really don't want to wake up at 6am to catch my bus then coming in late for dinner. I really don't want to go through the all nighters and madness of design. Just when I started to be a little more relaxed and carefree again, reality strikes. Going back to real life, back to responsibilities, I really don't look too forward into it. What I did learn through this trip is to try to go through life joyfully, not worrying and being anxious all the time. Trying to relax. I hope I can learn to do that when school begins. AGHHH! why am I thinking about school already? There's still New Years Eve and New Years and Church on Sunday which I really look forward to once I get back. Seeing family, Markie Mark and friends again is something that I really look forward to. One thing's for sure, I'll never forget this experience. I will reflect more on it once I get back to T.O. I hope the ride back wouldn't be too bad! Its 7 hours which isn't too bad. I just hope they have good movies, last time the t.v kept messing up. >=(

Places I've visited
The other day before I went to bed, I came up with a list of places I've visited during my stay in the UK:
*V&A Museum (Black British Style Gallery was really cool, same with the permanent collection and the origins of beauty collection)
*British Museum (The historical collections look scary.....)
*Buckingham Palace (Prince William' house....let me in!)
*National Gallery (Hello Da Vinci, Seurat, Van Dyke and Van Gogh..)
*Westminster Abbey (Where Princess D and Charles wed, Uncle seen their wedding in real life)
*Oxford and Regent Street (Shopping Heaven)
*Science Museum (Really well worth it, the digital section really inspired me)
*Houses of Parliament (Big Ben)
*The London Eye (View of the entire London...beautiful)
*Madame Tussaud's (where I met David Beckham and Beyonce.....the wax versions...)
*Birmingham (where mum and dad went to school, a lot has changed now so I hear)
*Shakespear's Birthplace (This man is pure genius, that's where he got his creative juices in South Hampton)
*Stonehenges (Full of mystery and wonder, couldn't believe I was there)
*Oxford University (That's what I call a great University, I asked some real stupid questions when I was there..HAHAHA)
*Aston University (Dad's University, new buildings and old memories)
*Cambridge University (Love the town surrounding it, but the lawn outside the buildings say a lot about its prestige.)
*China Town (The food is pretty good! Especially at this place called "Yeung Shing" and I also like Cafe de Hong Kong)
*Piccadilly Circus/Oxford Circus (Where I saw Ozzy Osbourne and family)
*Marble Arch (Has a skating rink nearby)
*Hyde Park (Lots of ducks)
*Harrod's (expensive! but they do have things you can afford. Princess D and Dodi's memorial in the lower floor)
*St. Paul's Cathedral (beautiful, absolutely beautiful)
*The London Aquarium (The sharks are scary! but the turtles were cute!)
*The Mini Dealership (The mini-cooper S!! My cousin wants an orange one and I want a red or silver one hahha)
*Hampton Palace Court (Henry VII knows how to live...)
*Windsor Castle (Extremely breathe-taking, my cousin and I nearly fainted when we saw the rooms....gorgeous, like a fairy-tale castle)
*The Golden Gate (Award-winning architecture)
*Covent market (Entertainers, small shops and carts)
*Trafalgar Square (Lots of pigeons...lots and lots of em)
*The Tower of London (The great fire of london that lasted for 3 days)
*The Millenium Bridge (Engineering as art)

That's all I can think of for now....I would say I had an amazing trip. I will miss it here. I will come back here one day.

1 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Peggy :)

I hope your flight/trip back goes safely and smoothly. It's been a long time since we last talked, but I am happy to see that life is dealing you these amazing and exciting opportunities and you have to courage to meet them head on.

Have a happy new year :)

=Kat L.=

 

Post a Comment

<< Home