Things are settling down
So I guess winnie was right when she told me it just takes time. I felt a little out of place in the beginning but it isn't so bad anymore, in fact, its pretty great! Uncle is just like my dad! He does all these funny stuff that makes us all laugh. One day, he got out of the apartment..then he realized that he forgot to put on his shoes...hahah. Then the other day when we were all coming down from the apartment, he realizes he forgot his coat! You see, in Singapore, they never really need to put on jackets.
I think getting to know my uncle is a great thing because I know where my dad learns from..hahah. My uncle is my dad's older brother. He tells me all these funny things that him and my dad and his buddies used to do when they were at school in England. My dad came from a pretty tight-knit family that I really admire. Something that seems to be missing in many modern families today. All they had back then was eachother. I feel like families now are way too individualistic, sometimes even forgetting the importance of the family or they always take eachother for granted. I just want I can incorporate those good ol' family values one day for my own family.
Oxford University & Hampton Palace Court
We visited the world renown Oxford University the other day. I couldn't really believe that I was there! It was such a huge campus with so many old traditional buildings. I wanted to look in the library so bad but only students were allowed =P. However, we ended up visiting the Oxford University museum. My cousin was so awe struck by the real dinosaur bones they had there, there was a lot of animal stuffings too. I'm a little afraid of those things....ecck! We went all around the campus to take pictures. I wanted to buy an Oxford T-shirt but I didn't think I would wear it so didn't end up getting it =P Not unless i go there..hahah (yeah right >=) ) I was also thinking about how much pressure it is for the students who go there. =P Oh yeah,, I also saw the Oxford University Press building. You know where they publish all their world famous literature, including the good ol' Oxford English Dictionary. Wow.....now that's a REAL university for ya.
Yesterday, we visited the Hampton Palace Court where King Henry VIII used to live. We toured parts of the palace and was awe-struck by the way those royals used to live. The tourguide was very informative and told us how the royal family life was like and it wasn't pretty. They mostly hated eachother, I think Queen Caroline was believed to have really detested her own son francis. Then there were the beheadings of people and such. They even had bedrooms and dining rooms that were meant for the public to watch! How superficial is that! Eccck! Other than that, the architecture was really breath-taking, the buildings of the old are so intricate and delicately decorated from the ceiling to the walls. Gold etchings and relief sculptures to paintings surround every room. The furniture and even the floors were beautiful. Not to mention the garden they have outside the palace. It is said that King Henry made the entire garden as a honeymoon gift to one of his wives. Wow.....they also had swans swimming in the ponds as well and a maze which we didn't go into =). These people were living large and it always makes me think about how heaven is like. It will even be more beautiful than this! We'll all have rooms in our palace and we'll all be living together as one family! I really feel like God is showing me a glimpse of how heaven will be like. Far more beautiful then anyone can imagine.
more to come!!
Wednesday, December 22, 2004
::ready::get::set::go!
About
- Name: Pegasus
- Age:the booming twenties
- Education: Hons B.Des
- Listening to:
• Cry ~ Philosopher Kings
• Learning to Breathe ~ Switchfoot
• Trip ~ Hedley - Lovin:
• some "me" time
• Free online games :)
• ice-cream - Not lovin:
• People who try too hard to be cool = loser
• Stubbornness in ppl
• me being so damn naive sometimes - Current reads:
• "Tuesdays with Morrie"~ Mitch Albom
• "Memoirs of a Geisha" ~ Arthur Golden
• "Wicked" ~ Gregory Maguire - Website to visit:
• The Torontoist - Movies I want to watch:
• Inside Man
• The DaVinci Code
• MI:3 - Currently watching:
• What Not to Wear on TLC
• stuff on the "W"
Previous Posts
- Taste of London So the other day, my cousin and I ...
- I miss my family Today, we picked up my aunt and u...
- **Comments section added Please leave your message...
- Chilling with the wax celebs =D So I finally visit...
- Paddington Bear has landed I've finally arrived in...
- Afternoon tea anyone? As most of you heard, yes, I...
- ~Tonight was the perfect weather to head downtown ...
- Welcome bacccccccck! (Mase styles) yeah....after g...
- What a dingbat! Ahhh..finally, the morning after ...
- New Year, New Challenges So here I am FINALLY typi...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home