Saturday, December 18, 2004

Taste of London
So the other day, my cousin and I tried this restaurant called "Aberdeen", it looked like a fancy restaurant but the prices weren't too bad for lunch. We both order roasted chicken...Mmmmm. Then when we started ordering the side dishes, I couldn't really hear what the waiter was saying. I figured maybe it was his deep english accent. After he left, my cousin and I decided to make sure our orders are correct. Then he came back to repeat to us what we said we ordered. "Yes, roasted chicken with rice, it doesn't say on the menu but I can get it specially made for the two of you." I was like....rice? We said we wanted potatoes and veggies. We didn't even thought of or even said anything about rice. Then we concluded that because we were asians, he sort of assumed we wanted rice despite what we actually ordered. As my cousin puts it, I have a huge "rice bucket" sign on my forehead.

We headed over to China town the other day for dinner again. We spotted this place called "Cafe de Hong Kong" which is a "cha chan tang" and we decided to go there. I had my usual Spaghetti Bolognese, my cafe favourite and I also ordered the Hong Kong style tea. I must say...it was pretty good! It was very smoky though, then I thought about how great it is that they banned smoking in restaurants and bars in T.O. It really does make a difference.

Rainy day
This past friday was the first time it rained since I got here in London. I was a bit bummed at first because it was our shopping day. However, that did not stop us from doing so! Stuff here are pretty expensive but you can get good deals if you are careful. I finally got my brother something from the Gadget store, hope he likes it. I mostly did some window shopping, I really really want this hat and sweatshirt but haven't found the right price yet. I still want to wait until it goes down for Christmas =P In the evening, we headed towards Covent Garden, a night market where they sell all sorts of stuff from jewellery to hats. It was also interesting to see that street entertainer perform but I quickly lost interest when he started to collect from everybody before he did his trick. Did he really have to do that? Anyway, I found a store where they sold paddington bears! They're so cute! I wonder what is the story behind the bear? I know the story behind winnie the pooh...well sort of, I missed that documentary on the CBC last time....=P

Finding William and Harrod's
So I finally visited the houses of parliament, Westminster abbey and most importantly, William's house a.k.a Buckingham palace. Wow, imagine living in a place like that? I took a bunch of pictures and even attempted to pick the buckingham palace gate, jokingly of course! I didn't see those guards in the red, I think we had to be there are the right time to see it. Shod it! They had a really beautiful fountain in the front and two gardens surrounding it. Oh my...While we were there, we spotted this guy coming out of the building which reassembled Tony Blair (of course it wasn't him). He had this really aristocratic style suit and had the funniest walk known to man.(My cousin even imitated him!) We then saw him again when we were walking towards the garden and we joked that we should stalk him to see if he had a backstage pass to the palace....but no, that didn't happen. :) While we were walking, these cars went by with policemen surrounding them. I kept wondering who it was...hoping it was Prince William! "In my dreams" as my cousin puts it....*sigh* yeah..hahah. Then we headed towards Harrod's. It took us a while to finally find harrod's, we were sort of lost....hahah. But we made it there regardless. The famous store is really huge with several stories. It has some of the biggest names in fashion, dolce and gabana, prada, burberry, mulberry, viviene westwood, all of which is only for eye candy. heheh =)

I gotta go, more of my adventures later. takecare!

1 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOAHH! you met ozzy osbourne!? that's sooo cool! haha. and why are you eating chinese food in england!? hahahahaha. you should go eat more fish and chips and errr.. other english stuff. haha. go have high tea with your cousin! =D
i miss ya lots pegz~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home