Time sure flies by fast, its already the end of the Valentine's Weekend. Sometimes when you want a moment to stay, it goes by even more quickly....I wonder why. Reading Week started for me after school Friday and I guess I was still a bit burnt out even though it was time to really celebrate. On Valentine's Day, Mark and I headed down to a restaurant called "Spezzo" for dinner. Since both of us were extremely busy, we figured that we would find a place to eat no problem! But boy, were we wrong! Every food place we went to were packed with people but we weren't the only ones looking, everyone was pretty much trying to stop by some place for dinner. Accidently, we ended up at Spezzo which was a really nice and classy restaurant but ultra expensive! That's it, next year we're eating at home! After dinner, we rented a movie, "Kate and Leopold", the movie was pretty good, a light romantic comedy (Meg Ryan is getting old...)
Saturday: It was a wonderful saturday morning, the sun was shining bright and I went by the window to feel its warmth. I realized that I don't get up late anymore, not even on Saturdays. I pretty much automatically wake up around 9 a.m. *sigh* all those sleepless nights and mornings doing work. =( The truth was, worries with school was still getting to me. I just couldn't shake it off and it was totally making me unhappy and restless. Even during last night's dinner....*sigh* Since it was still early, I decided to do some devotions. I remember earlier in the week, my mom and I did a prayer together and at the end of it she all of a sudden told me to read Psalm 23. "The Lord is my Shepard, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down on green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me on paths of righteousness, for His Name's Sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will not fear. For You are with me. Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies, you anoint my head with oil. My cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." My mom told me that by reading this short chapter, it will bring you peace and rest, knowing that Christ will take care of me like sheep to a shepard. And you know what, it did. It was this very verse that really kept me going through that rough week I just had. Almost everyday, it was been part of my devotions and prayer. CONT'D on Sunday..........
~My family and I headed for lunch at this place called "Uncle Joe's" on Mainstreet Markham and boy, was it good!!! They serve everything there but mostly french and italian, they also have the famous all day breakfast. Mmmm....MMmmm good! (campbell's heheh). After lunch, we headed down to Yorkdale mall and boy, did I miss going to a mall of any sort! =) My parents made me drive because I needed more experience driving highway. I don't think its that bad but I do find a need to fully map out where I'm going before driving highways because those exits are an easy miss! After a few hours, I actually ended up getting something I"ve been looking for, for almost more than a year...heheh want to know? ask me. =) I"m so sure lots of girls been through the same thing (don't think anything bad now! hahah). So I drove the highway home again, I didn't have much planned that night. All I wanted to do was to relax and actually watch some T.V from a very long time =) hahah. Once a got home, I got a call from Mark and he told me to go with him somewhere....but he wouldn't say.....I guess I was a little suspicious...hahah. As it turns out, he got me a personalized ice-cream cake! We both ended up finishing it too! It turns out he wanted to make up for the "unorganized" plans we had for last night =) Fine...I admit I was a bit upset but I'm totally cool with it. The ice-cream really made it better though! =P
Sunday: Its like what I do every Sunday, try to take over the world!! hahah =) So it was Church time as usual, got up in the morning and headed down. I whispered a little prayer to God, that He would speak to me in that day's message. I came in during a worship time, seeing a pairing brothers and sisters at both ends leading singspiration was rather nice =). Jon gets up and reads today's scripture and it was........Psalms 23. I looked up at the powerpoint and I was just...speechless. As Pastor Kenneth Fu got up, he informed us that today's sermon will be based on this short yet well-known chapter of Psalms, Psalms 23. A Psalm that comforts those who are sick, in their deathbeds, those who are restless and can find no peace. The Psalm that I kept close to my heart this entire week, the one that kept me going, the one that I knew so well this week that I already have it memorized. We stood up, Raised our arms and recited this verse as a congregation. The sermon itself was a breakdown and analysis of the chapter, sentence by sentence. I just couldn't speak a word.....I'm not sure how I really felt. All I know was that 1.) God answered my prayer this morning, 2.) An assurance that God is with me 3.) God prepares me 4.) Somehow, I'm on the right track. Yes, I am a sheep but with Christ as my Shepard, I will never be in want. He leads, He guides, He's already ahead of me. I stumble and I can't get up, I need my Shepard to get me back up on my feet. His rod will protect me, his staff will guide me. He cares for me and pays special attention to me. He loves me. The King and Creator of the Universe stooped down for me, He lowered himself for me. Thankyou Lord =*)
Monday, February 17, 2003
::ready::get::set::go!
About
- Name: Pegasus
- Age:the booming twenties
- Education: Hons B.Des
- Listening to:
• Cry ~ Philosopher Kings
• Learning to Breathe ~ Switchfoot
• Trip ~ Hedley - Lovin:
• some "me" time
• Free online games :)
• ice-cream - Not lovin:
• People who try too hard to be cool = loser
• Stubbornness in ppl
• me being so damn naive sometimes - Current reads:
• "Tuesdays with Morrie"~ Mitch Albom
• "Memoirs of a Geisha" ~ Arthur Golden
• "Wicked" ~ Gregory Maguire - Website to visit:
• The Torontoist - Movies I want to watch:
• Inside Man
• The DaVinci Code
• MI:3 - Currently watching:
• What Not to Wear on TLC
• stuff on the "W"
Previous Posts

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home