Friday, August 29, 2003

It is a my last night in New York City. Its funny how time can really fly by and I've realized how much I've grown to love this city in such a small time. Surprisingly, I wasn't intimidated at all by everything I heard about this city and it wasn't the same way I've seen it almost a decade ago. In fact, I embraced this city and the city embraced me. I wouldn't say it would be easy to grow up in the big apple but I think its a great place for those either starting their careers or for their post or graduate secondary education. Let's just say, you gotta be confident and know your way around here if you want to stay out of trouble.

I don't know if it is necessarily a negative thing that New York is a melting pot. I feel that during my stay here, that every ethnic group that makes up this city has a very rich and precedented history. Everyone has a general respect of eachother's background, culture and contribution that makes up New York for what it is.

Oh yeah, I went to China town a couple of times and yes, it can smell like fish but ya know, I respect these people. I remember reading novels about the first asians that made it here and the hardships they had to endure to get to where we are today. Dang. Compared to Toronto, I'd say we're still extremely young and inexperienced. There isn't much...what's the word.....precedence? a rich breadth of history? Most of us are new here for maybe a bit over a decade and maybe a handful of us are first or second or even third generation in T.O. I don't know, somehow, I feel.....maybe....I don't really have anything to fall back on? maybe we're kinda still the guinea pigs making way for the generations ahead of us? I don't know if its a good or bad thing but I guess somebody's gotta do it. Maybe I'm just someone that really love history, probably my friend nat and I are the only ones that openly admit that we love history, people and society. I don't know, I love hearing stories and how we got to where we are...ya know? I give a crap over these things. Its just me I guess. Man....there's a lot of verbal diahreah(sp?)...and yes..there's more to come. lates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home