Last night's BBQ at Gerrome's House was definitely a very memorable one. The food was good (compliments to the chef :) ) and it was nice to see everyone again along with the new faces that joined us. But the night really kicked in as we started the praise and worship session. Everyone started to really sing with their hearts and I literally felt the Holy Spirit moving within me and around the room.(Just in case you didn't know, its a good thing. If you have questions, ask me!) In the middle of a song, I just cried. I wasn't loudly wailing or anything but just silent tears rolling off my face. I wasn't exactly sure why I cried because I didn't feel I really had a reason to. That's when I realized that it was the Spirit moving my heart and that it was my response to it. I felt like I was able to feel the hearts of almost everyone in the room, their eagerness to be in the Lord's presence and embracing His love through song. It was such a beautiful thing.
After the worship session, we prayed as a group for those going on a Mission trip. "Someone" almost forgot about me going.....but I was glad Holly, lily and winnie remembered and said something! I was embarassed....oh well. After the prayer, the group decided to play some game called "Mafia" which was the idea of none other than Danielle...oops..I mean, Daniel. LOL. A few seconds before we split into teams, Jesse approached me asked me if I wanted to be prayed for. Of course I accepted the offer because I always welcome prayer support, especially with this upcoming Short-term Mission trip to Arizona. So he gathered a few others Pris, Tim and Matt and I spent some time just talking about what's been going in my spiritual life and the thoughts and worries about my upcoming mission trip. It turns out Pris went on the same mission trip the summer before and it was great to hear some of her own experience there.
As soon as Matt left, the prayer began. I was a little intimidated and uncomfortable because I felt the people in the room was so much more spiritual than I. Well, in other words, more experienced with the Lord. In addition to that, I wasn't so used to some of their prayer styles. But I knew these people were there to lift me up, to help support me spiritually and to offer advice and guidance through their own experiences. So here we go........
The prayers were very powerful and uplifting. It was nothing like I've experienced before. I don't think I can totally describe just the power of it all. It really helped break a lot of barriers I had with God and it really helped free me open of everything that I kept inside. At the end of our prayer, Jesse told me that God sent him a picture of something that He wanted to tell me. Being a little emotionally exhausted and spiritually inticed, I wasn't really ready to learn what kind of picture God knew about and wanted to show me. I hesitate as I was, I had to know.
He told me that he saw a picture of a beautiful sculpture that I was making but God took it and broke it into pieces.........
I cried really hard when I heard those words because it really hit the spot. I then was reminded of a sculpture I once made, I pictured these great hands taking it away from me and throwing it against the concrete ground.He continued.....God wants to take those pieces and rebuild it again...but this time with His hands....
To be Continued...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home