

~On Sunday, with jono gone, I had to lead the topic of Dating with Amy to the Sunday school kids. Boy, was it tough. I felt like I had to think waaay back, its been too long since I was a kid. We had this activity where the kids had to get into groups of 4 and think of an example of an relationship that they know if, whether in real life or on Television and list the pros and cons of dating. Some interesting pros were: more freedom (really??), chocolate (what??), gifts that you get (oh yeah!), get to go to places(yah....).....and so on. Its funny because when I looked at the list, it seem so....I don't know......What happened to seeking a genuine companionship? To have someone always there for you, to love, to care, to make you smile? But then again, I had to remind myself that they were only kids and they're not at a stage where they looked for those things yet. Some of the cons were: arguments (definitely), getting dumped (booo), waste of money, waste of time, get bored with the person etc. These points actually make a lot of sense and even apply to adult relationships. Though I'm no expert myself, our goal was to try to discuss on the topic and how God wants a heathy relationship to be like. Jono! Comeback! We got to plan for the next class!!
~Its kind of sad that a lot of people from Waterloo co-op will be leaving for their next school term because I"m going to miss them. There are quite a few from church, joe, rich, dave, etc. One of my best friends Natasha will be going back this upcoming weekend actually. I actually didn't realize how much I was going to miss her until last night. We went out for a drive to get her waterloo keys and for some coffee at Tim Hortons. We reminised this past year and the countless times we were there for eachother and when we were at each other's throats. =) I'm going to miss those times when I'm just over at her house (my second home) and just chill there. She would make her world famous coffee (which is really Maxwell's) and listen to our ghetto music. Watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding, my greek dance (hahah), karoake, potluck, the canoe dance (yeah we dance a lot!hahah), workouts at Bally's etc. *sigh* I don't know. =P All I have to say is, wish you all the best for those going back for next school term. "Guy Yoi!" "Guy Yoi!"
nat: yeah, I'm going to get my keys from this guy name Gin.
me: I think I heard of that name before.
nat: Just stay in the car and I'll meet him in the main lobby.
nat closes the car door and makes her way towards the main entrance.
me: wait! nat!.
nat turns around to find out what was wrong
me: nat! does he have a brother named Tonic??.
nat: Peggy!!!.
me: hahah!.
nat: I'm gonna miss that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home