Monday, May 05, 2003

I have so many bits and pieces going on in my mind:

~ the first thing is, I hope Olive will have an amazing mission trip to Japan this summer. Its going to be such a wonderful experience. I myself, have been thinking about a short-term missions trip. But I'm not too sure. The whole war thing, the whole SARS thing. I don't know, I heard from kenneth that its all guys going so far....I mean, its nice to have a female-based support group ya know? But its totally expected.......

~Friends: What bugs me the most are people that are super-good friends with you one day and when their bestfriends are around, they act like they don't even know you. What the heck is that?? anywayz. Its so interesting because I just realized that the topic of my junior-high sunday school class was on "friendship". We talked about the qualities of a good and bad friend. The discussion was pretty heated, the girls went on to talk about how so and so bugs them, annoys them, backstabs them. Yes, the qualities of a "bad" friend. I then introduced the concept of a "good weather" friend. Yes, our all time favourite type of friend (notice the sarcasm). People that are only there when they need something from you, people that are there when they want to pass some time, people only there through the 'good' times. We all detest that don't we? An interesting insight that one of the girls pointed out was that we all in some ways possess those qualities. I mean, I"m sure we've all let a friend down or said something about them when we shouldn't. When God told us to love eachother as ourselves, he didn't mean it in a superficial way. "Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs,. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (II Corinthians 13:4-6) Do we have God's definition of Love when it comes to loving our friends? Friends are definitely gifts from God, never take them for granted. One day, it may be too late.

~Family: Family to me is the foundation of our lives. They shape the way we think, the way we carry ourselves, our values, our morals. Its the place where you get the support and love you need when facing the big big world out there. Of course, that is the ideal form of a family that I'm talking about. What happens when this ideal unit for the world isn't functioning the way it should? Hmmm...I don't think I have an answer to that...yet....A possible topic for Sunday School. Let me know your thoughts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home