Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Prayer meeting: half a year later

Met up with Andy and Abraham tonight for a chairperson meeting. It was so encouraging and something that I have been looking for, for the longest time. Its great to learn and hear from more experienced leaders in the church to get a few pointers from. Good ol'Andy treated us to dinner at the "Golden elephant" which served some yummy malaysian food. I just realized that this was the place Mark was talking about last week and totally regret for not coming sooner! argh! =P Anyway, as the meeting went on, more and more of those leadership burdens started to fall down. You have no idea how comforting it is to know that someone has walked that path twice over and know how it feels like. I"m so thankful that in the midst of it all, God already answered my prayers for bringing me some support and accountability in this area of serving, which I really really needed. Its funny when I also realized that the three of us has this culturally duality of both english and chinese fluency. Therefore we're kind of inbetween and we're able to deal with both sides of the spectrum. Pure coincidence....well...pure planned....hahah =) by God that is.

After dinner, I decided to tag along and join them at the prayer meeting on Wednesday nights. I remininse the last time that I actually went, which was about half a year ago. I just realized the many friendships that I made from there. That's where I met Andy, Jean, Kerwin,....and the list goes on =) Its weird. I was like, yo Andy, that's how I got to know you in the first place! Then suddenly, I remembered those prayers that I said half a year ago with those people. What's amazing was how God has answered our prayers and how much he has changed me since the last time I've been there. I remember praying for a fellow brother about helping his friends to get to know Christ half a year ago. After that half a year, his "friend" is the one sitting next to me in Sunday school, sharing about his new found faith in the Lord during Gospelfest, encouraging me and praying for me with my struggles. How crazy is that? Its just so amazing to see how God can work like that. In such ways ever imagined. I'm so glad I went to prayer meeting tonight, I felt so refreshed and actually got time to spend with God in pure honesty and concentration. I'm so thankful for this small fellowship that exists in a cold winter wednesday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home