Sunday, January 25, 2004

Thanks to the Emmanual guys

It really bothers me when people say that its easier for people that grew up at the church to get to know people more. But when I really thought about it today, I really don't think so. More than half of the people that I actually grew up with isn't even around like 3 quarters of the time. All the friends that I made are either recently baptised, been around for just a few years, just started attending, or been around but havn't gotten a chance to meet before. "But you've been around more, so you're more comfortable"...Errrr..not really, it just depends on how open you're willing to be.

For the past month, I have been attending Sunday school with a few Emmanual people. I've seen them around before but I havn't really gotten a chance to get to know them.
Sunday school has been great because it provided a lea-way for me to get to know the Big kids...haha. That also meant a commitment to the class and a willingness for fellowship from me, even if it's just Sunday school. I can't tell you how much I learned in the class, not just from the book but from the interaction within the class. From sharing our struggles, hearing about people's testimonies, asking questions, sharing our experiences. I would say, its pretty amazing and its sadly, the most fellowship that I actually had for the past few months. People's willingness to share, to participate, question and reason is definitely a key factor to the closeness of the Sunday school.

Today was such an interesting day, I guess I've been just really in denial over a lot of things that really bothered me inside. I'm just so disappointed with people in general (ask me about it) and as a unwanted result, I just exploded during sharing time in Sunday school. The Lord knows I've been angry and disappointed inside and I was glad He provided me with people that really cared and listened. I was really comforted at the fact that they too been through the same experiences as I did and really knew how I felt. Their words really comforted me, it wasn't superficial in any way because they had some first hand experience and also felt some of the disappointments as I did.

After Sunday school was done, Mark and I was invited to join the Emmanual guys for lunch at Pho. I just couldn't hesitate and I've finally met a few more faces that I've seen around but never spoken to before. I used to think "ohh..they're so old, I'll never relate to them." I'm so wrong.......I found out that they're a really fun bunch but dead serious when it comes to the Lord. Its funny how they thought I wouldn't know the things they were talking about like old T.V shows and stuff....and I was like....I know that! I saw that! hahaha......But in a way, I'm an old soul. People tell me that they thought I was a lot older when they first met me. I actually don't mind it so much.....but the trouble is, if you have the mental age of like 25 year old or above and everyone around you is like 20 or below......it can be extremely troubling. In whatever case, I just want to thank the Emmanual guys for being so welcoming and caring to me. Also knowing that I have a lot of brothers at church looking out for me is definitely a gift from God. ;)

**I got rid of the Links section, I'll talk to you in person. This is MY space. >=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home