Disconnected
I've been quite frustrated with the status of some of my old friendships lately. I feel like this is another point of my life where I need to cut some strings. I learned that some people just change, to a point where I feel like I don't even know who they are anymore. For some people, its more drastic than others. Or maybe they remind me of a time in my life that has long been over or evolved. I'm not afraid to cut some strings in my life right now, but sometimes, I'm still wondering if its the right thing to do.
There are some people who has been a part of my life at a certain time, but once that's over, I feel like its so hard to find any common ground with them. I find it hard to connect with people who in my opinion changed a lot since I've known them. But then again, I've matured and grown more as time passes as well. So in other words, some of my friends and I have grown far apart from eachother. There develops a clash of personality, values, background, and understanding, making a situation very uncomfortable and awkward. It seems as if the only thing that binds us, is really our past together but that part of our lives has long gone. We went on our own separate paths and coming together again, in some cases, seems...pointless. Sometimes there's just nothing to talk about, or you might bring up a topic that may be sensitive to the other person without knowing.(because you weren't aware of it).
There are friends who I feel comfortable around with, no matter how long we havn't seen eachother, because somehow we maintain a common ground or a connection with one another. But right now, I'm dealing with friends whom I feel have drifted apart. Maybe its time to just say goodbye and start new friendships on the path ahead.
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
::ready::get::set::go!
About
- Name: Pegasus
- Age:the booming twenties
- Education: Hons B.Des
- Listening to:
• Cry ~ Philosopher Kings
• Learning to Breathe ~ Switchfoot
• Trip ~ Hedley - Lovin:
• some "me" time
• Free online games :)
• ice-cream - Not lovin:
• People who try too hard to be cool = loser
• Stubbornness in ppl
• me being so damn naive sometimes - Current reads:
• "Tuesdays with Morrie"~ Mitch Albom
• "Memoirs of a Geisha" ~ Arthur Golden
• "Wicked" ~ Gregory Maguire - Website to visit:
• The Torontoist - Movies I want to watch:
• Inside Man
• The DaVinci Code
• MI:3 - Currently watching:
• What Not to Wear on TLC
• stuff on the "W"
Previous Posts
- HK V.S T.OPeople ask me about the possibility of g...
- Choosing God, and living wiselyI feel like there a...
- Love/HateI went to NYC this weekend and I must say...
- and she finally comes out of her shelldamn, I have...
- No more shopping in chinese places for meI've been...
- This summerThis summer seem to be the longest one ...
- UpdateBeen learning a lot about people lately. It ...
- Finally an updateI have to say, life moves pretty ...
- The heat is onIts been a little too hot in Toronto...
- One Cuban Cigar please....So finally my parents ca...

2 Comments:
peggy! don't cut my string either!
hahaha
sorry i haven't talked to you for a while..
i still haven't forgotten you, and our crazy whacky times together :)
we really should meet up because i live so close to you now. we said that like 3 years ago. HAHAHA>
but still.
but i agree, sometimes you just have to move on...i have friends that have moved on too...but shouldn't really dwell on it. just have to keep living right?
:)
That's a great story. Waiting for more. Crack ontrack easy recovery disk 6.04 Used hot tubs parts parental control Jobs of women during the civil war Schedule ultram divorce Car alarm remote replacment englishenglishfree parental control London dinner cruise control parental review Ursula dress productony929910 Divorce dates
Post a Comment
<< Home