Change
I know that many of us are in either udder shock or just a little sadden by the recent news about our beloved pastor and his wife leaving our church. I have to say though I tried to hide, I too were sadden by the news because they are such a loving couple whom really cared about the Church. When Pastor Chan talked about P.Can today being a humble, faithful and obedient man of God, I couldn't help but agree. Even for a skeptic like me, I couldn't think of a reason to differ. I remember when I first met them, I thought I wasn't able to relate to them or maybe there was a bit of a barrier. But as the years went by, God has shown me that they were not only God-loving leaders, they were also people you can call 'a friend'. Whether it was in Sunday school, Worship or at Prayer meetings, P.Can was always commited to his work. I remember the early days when we literally see him get burn out b/c of all the work that he had to do. Thankfully, the church had also did its part in supporting and strengthening him also as a leader and preacher. Thus, I really see him stronger and much more confident than before. As for Myles, what I remembered most about her was her support for me during some of the darkest times of my life. I remember her taking time out to have a chat with me over lunch and giving me her beloved Max Lucado devotional for encouragement. Not to mention the number of times she prayed for me and my family when we were going through some problems. Even recently when things weren't too good for me at church, she was the only one who e-mailed me just to see if I was alright and to remind me that she's always there when I needed her. I know some people may find her a little bold and a little silly at times but I realized that its really great that way so that we don't have to cry about our problems but to laugh at them.
Though they are leaving, I'm really glad and thankful that I've gotten to know them in a personal way. To help me understand what leadership, friendship and fellowship all means. I'm so glad that though I question people's passion for the Lord at church sometimes, they were part of the reason why I never quite gave up.
Sunday, February 08, 2004
::ready::get::set::go!
About
- Name: Pegasus
- Age:the booming twenties
- Education: Hons B.Des
- Listening to:
• Cry ~ Philosopher Kings
• Learning to Breathe ~ Switchfoot
• Trip ~ Hedley - Lovin:
• some "me" time
• Free online games :)
• ice-cream - Not lovin:
• People who try too hard to be cool = loser
• Stubbornness in ppl
• me being so damn naive sometimes - Current reads:
• "Tuesdays with Morrie"~ Mitch Albom
• "Memoirs of a Geisha" ~ Arthur Golden
• "Wicked" ~ Gregory Maguire - Website to visit:
• The Torontoist - Movies I want to watch:
• Inside Man
• The DaVinci Code
• MI:3 - Currently watching:
• What Not to Wear on TLC
• stuff on the "W"
Previous Posts
- Good ol' Dad Man, I feel so bad for not going to ...
- AAhhh...just came back from an exhausting bus ride...
- The end of the week I'm so glad that this gruesome...
- Prayer meeting: half a year later Met up with And...
- Thanks to the Emmanual guys It really bothers me ...
- Don't you hate it when you welcome people with ope...
- I actually woke up on time to catch the bus at 7:4...
- HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!!
- Been busy busy busy and stressed but I have a feel...
- Man..the weather is getting really cold. My finger...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home